If you are involved in online Quran learning, you must have noticed that the term “Ijazah” gets mentioned a lot. Have you ever wondered what does it mean? What is its importance for Quran & Islam?
What is Ijazah in Quran? (Ijazah Meaning)
“Ijazah” or “Ijaza” (Arabic: الإِجازَة, “permission”, “authorization”, “license”; plural: ijazahs or ijazat) is an accredited license authorizing its holder to transmit a certain text or subject, which is issued by someone already possessing the same authority. It is particularly associated with the transmission of Islamic religious knowledge.
Ijazah in Quran is a license authorizing its holder to transmit certain Quranic knowledge to others, and it’s is issued by someone already holding Ijaza. It’s an endless chain of authorized transmitters going back to the original author, the prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
Accordingly, holding/obtaining Quran Ijazah means that you are certified to teach or transmit the Quranic knowledge mentioned in your Ijazah certificate to others.
Why Get Ijazah? (Importance of Ijazah)
There are many reasons to get Ijaza in Quran:
- The importance of Ijazah Quran lies in the preservation of the Holy Quran from any errors or manipulation upon transmission from a person to another.
- As a Quran teacher, Ijazah is a privilege in front of Quran students & their parents.
- It enhances self-confidence for teaching Quran since you can’t get this license unless you are accurately tested and evaluated.
- It helps you to become of the best Muslims ever as the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “The best among you (Muslims) are those who learn the Qur’an and teach it.” [Sahih al-Bukhari 5027]
- Obtaining Ijazah is an indicator of reaching the excellence level in learning Quran.
- Among Islamic and Quranic degrees, It’s considered the most accredited Quran certificate.
Type of Ijazah Quran
There are 2 major types of Quran Ijaza:
- Ijazah in Tajweed
- Ijazah in Hifz
1. Ijazah in Quran Recitation with Tajweed
This type is granted to Quran students who can recite the whole Quran with Tajweed perfectly without any mistake in front of an Ijazah certified Sheikh or Quran Teacher.
In other words, Quran Recitation Ijazah is a certification that authorizes its holder to teach Quran recitation with Tajweed and can be awarded by an already certified Imam or scholar.
Subtypes of Quran Recitation with Tajweed Ijazah
Ijazah in Tajweed is divided into 4 subtypes:
- Quran Ijazah with one narration, such as the Ijaza with the narration of Hafs ‘an ‘Asim.
- Ijaza with seven Qira’at of ash-Shatibiyyah.
- Quran Ijazah with 3 Qira’at of Durrat Al-Maa’nia.
- Ijazah in 10 Qira’at of Tayyibat An-Nashr.
2. Ijazah in Quran Memorization/Hifz
This type of Ijazah is granted to Quran students who memorize the Quran perfectly and can recite the whole Quran by heart (without reading from the Mushaf) without any mistake in front of an Ijazah certified Sheikh or Quran Teacher.
In other words, Quran Memorization Ijazah is a certification that authorizes its holder to teach Quran Memorization (Hifz) and can be awarded by an already certified Imam or scholar. The learner obtains this certificate after memorizing the whole Quran very well and reciting it by heart in the presence of the certified tutor.
How to Get Ijazah Online?
Due to the importance of Ijazah, “The Quran Classes” have assembled the best Sheikhs and teachers to help you get Ijazah online in Quran Recitation with Tajweed or Quran Memorization (Hifz) through one-to-one online sessions.
Through the “online ijazah course”, our certified Quran tutors will verify your skills and abilities, assess your knowledge of Quran and Hadith, test your area of interest.
Utilizing repeated tests and quizzes, we will assess your knowledge and hold over that particular arena. You would need to pass the tests and evaluations to be able to get the Ijazah, and it would not be difficult with us.
At the end of course after passing tests & evaluations successfully, you will get the corresponding Ijaza certificate.
Quran Ijazah program is an advanced Quran education level, so there are some skills you need to obtain before joining this course:
- The ability to read Quran in Arabic. In case you don’t have this skill, you can enroll in our Quranic Arabic reading course.
- The ability to recite Quran with Tajweed correctly. In case you don’t have this skill, you can enroll in our Tajweed course.
- Have Memorized the whole or part of the Quran. In case you haven’t memorized Quran, you can enroll in our Quran Memorization course.